AUGUST 16, 2021
By CHEF KEN
When shopping for ingredients, look for low sodium black olives. Lindsay is one nationally available brand that offers them. For step one, prepare Seasoned Baked Tempeh then place in refrigerator to chill. Prepare this salad while the tempeh chills.
- 1 cup diced celery
- ½ cups minced onion
- 2/3 cup Veganaise (vegan mayonnaise)
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sliced black olives
- ¼ cup diced dill pickles cucumbers
- ½ cup grated carrots
- Black pepper, (pinch)
- Prepare Seasoned Baked Tempeh then place in refrigerator to chill.
- While the tempeh chills, combine Tempeh Salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add Seasoned Baked Tempeh and toss. Season to taste. (A few drops of lemon juice or hot sauce are our favorite choices.)
- Serve chilled on a bed of greens or chop finer to use as a sandwich filling. (Tastes great served atop Pita wedges!)