Roasted Vegetables with Orange Dressing
AUGUST 16, 2021
By CHEF KEN
This tasty combination of roasted vegetables and a zesty orange dressing creates a marvelous side dish for all seasons. Use fresh herbs of choice or ½ the amount of dried herbs. The orange dressing can also be whipped up to serve over salads anytime.
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks or small cubes
- 1 ½ cups yellow squash, cut into thick matchsticks or small cubes
- 1 ½ cups green zucchini, cut into thick matchsticks or small cubes
- 1 ½ cups Spanish onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup red bell peppers, cut into thick matchsticks
- 2 cups red potatoes, cut in thin wedges
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh herbs (we prefer basil, oregano and parsley)
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon country style prepared mustard
- Crushed black pepper (pinch)
- Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl, then place on a sheet pan.
- Roast at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes until all vegetables are tender.
- Remove from oven, cool for ten minutes, place in a heat friendly salad bowl and toss with Orange Dressing.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice or hot sauce for more flavor.
- Whisk or blend together all the dressing ingredients.